Photo by naya44, Flickr commons
Everyone is falling in love with this deliciously unique style of country apple crisps. These are incredible by themselves but oh so fantastic with a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream on the side. Your appreciation for apples will surely be rekindled when you taste this wonderful combination of fresh apples, nutmeg, and cinnamon with the special ingredient that makes this recipe unique.
This is a quick and simple recipe to prepare and such a fun one to share with your family or at group gatherings. You can easily scale the recipe to accommodate any number of servings. Make plenty though as it is so good that one serving often times just does not seem to be adequate.
Okay, are you ready to fall in love with apple desserts all over again? Enjoy!
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups corn bread stuffing
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 8 Granny Smith or other cooking apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup water
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix the stuffing, butter, orange rind, nuts, spices, and 1/2 cup of the sugar. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, mix the sliced apples, remaining 2/3 cup sugar, and water.
- Pour apple mixture into a greased 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Spread crumb mixture evenly over apples.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Misc-Desserts/Country-Style-Apple-Crisp#UHlVr7A07Uksx0gZ.99