Try this wonderful baked ham recipe that makes it easy to bake a beautiful juicy baked ham with perfection every time. This is a great recipe to print and keep for any special occasion that you want to bake a delicious ham dinner.
With ham being a traditional delicacy during Christmas and Easter holidays it is important to spare time to learn how to cook it well for juicy and hot servings. Every year I try out different ham recipes and this year was no different. I tried this and I must say that the results were an excellent dish that my whole family loved. Well here it is and I would recommend this recipe to anyone as it is simple.
The recipe below is for fully cooked ham and we are just warming it by baking and adding flavour to it.
10 pounds whole smoked ham (fully cooked)
4 cups of water
1 cup dark brown sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup mustard
½ cup whole cloves
11/2 tablespoons of flour
Here are all of the steps for preparing this delicious juicy bake ham. You will disscover thaqt is quite quick and easy to prepare.
– Remove any excess fat from the ham and make cuts of ¼ inch deep across the rounded skin side of the ham.
– Mix the cinnamon, brown sugar and mustard in a large bowl.
– Coat the flour in the large cooking bag. The flour prevents bursting of the bag during the cooking process.
– Put the ham into the cooking bag and pour the spice mixture into the bag. Distribute the mixture evenly around the bag and refrigerate for 24 hours.
– Preheat oven to 360 degrees F.
– Remove the ham from the marinade and layer the cloves on top with intervals of about 11/2 inch.
– Put the ham in a roaster which should be about 2 inches deep.
– Add 4 cups of water to the bag and close tightly with a nylon tie.
– Make sure to trim the ends of the bag to prevent ends from touching the oven.
– Make small slits on top the bag to allow for steam to escape when it builds and prevent the bag from bursting.
– Place in the preheated oven and bake for 4-5 hours, 20 minutes per pound until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F on a meat thermometer. While cooking make sure the bag is not touching the top or sides of the oven as we do not want our bag to melt and mess the ham.
– If you are using bone-in ham, make sure the thermometer is not touching the bone when taking the temperature.
– Remove the ham from the bag and pour off any excess juice.
– Let the ham rest for 15 minutes and this allows the internal temperature to rise even more.
– Carve and serve.
We hope that you enjoy this delicious baked ham recipe and invite you to share it with your friends on Facebook. Also, be sure and explore the many other wonderful recipes available for you here on Recipe Corral.
Sorce: Article By Evalyne W King’ara